Saturday, 20 March 2010

Beware - feathered theives operating in Cornwall!


Is this a problem elsewhere in the country? I haven't come across it in Hampshire but the seagulls in Cornwall have become very demanding! I don't remember them being like this when I came here for my childhood holidays but the seagulls of today have learned aggressive tactics. There didn't used to be signs around asking people not to feed the gulls when I was a kid and I don't remember them being a problem, unless you were caught in the firing line when they answered a call of nature!! Nowadays if food is not offered to them willingly they will steal it! One of my sisters was mugged by a seagull in Mousehole who stole her ice-cream! We witnessed another incident in Looe when a seagull stole a pasty from a tourist. Is this because people are not feeding them - or is it that they learned these tactics whilst they were being fed? Whatever the answer, I've never witnessed any seagull muggings in Hampshire - but it is rife in Cornwall!

No comments:

Post a Comment