This is really just a personal blog to record my experiences with the 5:2 fasting diet.
I started this on Monday 4th February 2013
My weight 12 stone 11lb
Height 5 ft 6 inches
I hadn't planned ahead to start this but had downloaded the Michael Moseley's book and been inspired to start straight away, so I had to go with what ingredients I already had in stock. I also decided to go with what I fancied. The book offers guidelines, but pretty much leaves it up to you to work out what to eat and how to implement the diet - although it does give a few recipes and a calorie chart.
For breakfast I made a sort of waldorf salad with two apples (cox), a couple of sticks of celery, about half a teaspoon of chopped walnuts, a level teaspoon of full fat mayonnaisse and a little lime juice to thin out the mayo. Very tasty, but don't think I'll choose it as a breakfast choice again.
At lunch time I ate another stick of celery and two or three cherry tomatoes.
For dinner I had half a tin of tuna in springwater, a portion of mixed wholegrain rice (brown basmati, wild, and red carmague), roasted cherry tomatoes (sprayed with one cal oil and with a teaspoon dried basil), steamed broccoli and green beans.
Funnily enough, I found that I felt hungry straight after eating, so I'm sure that was psychological! I did feel hungry at lunch time but I drank lots of black and herbal teas.
The next morning, which was a feast day, I made my usual breakfast of two slices of toast, but found that I only wanted one slice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment