Monday, 18 February 2013

Week Three; Day Five of the 5:2 fasting diet

Weight 12 stone 4lbs

Well, I'm not sure that I really understand how, but this diet really works!

On Thursday I know that I went over my calorie limit - not sure exactly but I had around 650 calories (500 is the recommended limit for women).

For breakfast I had one boiled egg and one slice of home made seeded wholemeal bread. (around 300 calories)

For dinner I had one Sainsbury's good for you meal, prawn biryani (318 calories) and I added 6 cherry tomatoes to the mix.

The next day, Friday, I weighed myself because I was too impatient to wait until Monday, which is my usual weighing day - and I had lost another two pounds, bringing me to 12 stone 6.

We had people around for dinner Friday night and I ate a lot, homemade garlic bread using loads of butter, pasta and apple pie with ice cream and clotted cream. On Saturday we went to a getogether and I ate several cakes and biscuits; then in the evening we had beef stew with dumplings. Sunday I ate quite a bit of cheese.

I got on the scales this morning wondering how much weight I had put back on, only to find that I had actually lost another two pounds, bringing my weight to 12 stone 4!!

I start today's fast day with renewed enthusiasm!!


3 comments:

  1. Karen, I'm inspired by your results! I've started walking (again) and plan to try the 5:2 diet. Thanks for posting your results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. The actual book which explains the diet, which is written by a doctor, is by Michael Mosley. He adapted this diet and it was aired on BBC. Some have jumped on the band wagon and produced their own books, but this is the definative one.

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fast-Diet-intermittent-ebook/dp/B00AW8UK0K/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1361815836&sr=1

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete